Just a quick note to let you know the highly anticipated Pokémon Bank application is now available from Nintendo eShop.Pokémon Bank is an application and service for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that allows you to deposit, store, and manage your Pokémon in private Boxes on the Internet!
Those who use Pokémon Bank can also receive a special Legendary Pokémon – Celebi.
Reviews from the latest edition of magazine publication, Game Informer, have been unveiled with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze making a highlighted appearance. Game Informer seems to have enjoyed the upcoming Wii U platformer as it has given the title a 9.25 out of 10. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was developed by Retro Studios and will be released on February 21st in Europe and North America. You can read comments from the review below!
- Seems like generic worlds, ice, beach, jungle but “the variety is amazing”
- Ride minecarts through saw mills, dash through a forest with a raging fire, etc.
- Great difficulty balance, bonus stages are a bit ridiculous in difficulty though that is expected.
- Water levels return, are very fun, better to control with analog stick than d-pad. For some reason you have to access the menu to pick one or the other.
- Dixie and Cranky add new moves that work best to reach certain collectibles or specific platforming challenges. Rotating barrels allow you to select the best Kong for the job.
- “Local Co-op is as much a mixed bag as the first installment.”
- 6 worlds instead of 8 in the last game. But each level is larger. Reviewer says it rather have a smaller collection of the best levels Retro can make than a more bloated game with less quality levels and that is exactly what this game does.
Super Smash Bros director Masahiro Samurai has announced that fighting and ice Pokemon, Lucario, will be a playable character in the next series’ title for 3DS and Wii U. Lucario was first introduced in Super Smash Bros Brawl. Are you excited to have the chance to play as Lucario in the next Smash Bros titles?
Nintendo has officially announced that it will be starting to release Nintendo DS software for the Wii U virtual console in a bid to add more content for users. Nintendo previously announced that Wii U would also gain GBA and N64 titles but with the release of these console games still unknown we hope that these DS titles are released very soon.
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has announced during the company’s investor meeting this morning that Mario Kart 8 will be launching on Wii U in May this year. With only four months to go, this is exciting news for those interested in another epic installment in the Mario Kart series. Mario Kart 8 introduces anti-gravity racing to the mix adding exciting new kart designs and tracks.
Nintendo has just released its quarterly financial results which go into interesting detail about its hardware and software gains to the end of 2013. The gaming giant has reported that it has sold 2.41 million Wii U units during the period between April and December 2013 bringing lifetime sales for Nintendo’s latest console at 5.86 million units sold. 29.37 million units of software for Wii U have been sold since it first launched in November 2012.
Nintendo 3DS figures have amounted to 42.74 units sold since launch with 7.43 million original 3DS’, 7.43 million XLs’, and 2.11 million 2DS’ sold between April and December 2013. Nintendo Wii has hit 100.9 million units sold worldwide since release.
Further details for certain game lifetime sales and income can be found below.
- Pokemon X/Y sales: 11.61 million units (as of December 31, for the full year)
- Tomodachi Collection: New Life sales: 1.82 million units
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf sales: 3.52 million units
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team sales: 2 million units
- Zelda: A Link Between Worlds sales: 2.18 million units
- Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Wii Party U, and Super Mario 3D World sold over one million units each
- Net sales: 499.1 billion yen
- Overseas sales were 340.0 billion yen or 68.1 percent of the total sales
- Gross profit of 149.2 billion yen
- Due to depreciation of the yen against the U.S. dollar and euro, expenses that were initially quoted in foreign currencies grew when converted into yen, with total selling, general and administrative expenses exceeding gross profit, resulting in an operating loss of 1.5 billion yen
- Exchange gains totaling 48.1 billion yen due to depreciation of the yen at the end of this period compared with the one at the end of the last fiscal year
- Ordinary income was 55.5 billion yen
- Net income was 10.1 billion yen
The official box art for Nintendo’s upcoming 3DS title, Yoshi’s New Island, has been revealed and it looks like a superb creation. The sequel to the SNES classic will be launching on March 14th in North America so be prepared for some new level designs and incredibly drawn out visuals. Will you be purchasing this game?