Game Informer’s upcoming October issue includes a cover story on New Super Mario Bros U and new details have emerged which should please long time fans of the popular series. The most interesting addition to the Wii U launch title is Nintendo’s decision to apparently include a one world map much like Super Mario World. You will also be able to choose different paths that branch out which should give the game a classic feel. Here are some more details below!
- dozens of levels across one world map, like Super Mario World
- map can be panned around and explored at any time
- game features an auto-scrolling, Boost Rush mode for more of a challenge
- multiple branching paths that let you pick which way to go
- this is much more than the tradition level choosing, which usually gives you only two paths to choose from
- mid-world fortresses guarded by Boom-Boom
- end-level castles guarded by Koopalings</
Here are seven worlds also discovered by Game Informer:
Game Informer spotted 7 worlds: Acorn Plains, Sparkling Waters (tropical), Frosted Glacier, Layer Cake Desert (complete with melting desserts), areas similar to Forest of Illusion and Sky World and a world surround by a tornado
What are your thoughts on New Super Mario Bros U?