Nintendo of America and Nintendo UK have announced that a new segment of Nintendo Direct will be shown for each respective region on Friday, May 17th. This presentation of Nintendo’s popular video stream plans to showcase Wii U and 3DS games heading our way throughout Spring/Summer this year. As E3 looms ever so close, this should be Nintendo’s last Direct presentation before the gigantic gaming event commences so stay tuned and be sure to watch from 7AM PST/ 3PM GMT! Click here to redirect to where the presentation will be held!
We at Nintendo Globe are proud to announce our newest affiliate in superb fellow Nintendo site, Nintendo 3DS Daily! These awesome Ninty fans run another fantastic site dedicated to all aspects of Nintendo-related news and reviews while also including editorials and guides as a part of their site. They also happen to run a superb forum for all Nintendo fans, alike, and hope to gain further recognition for their site. If you could give Nintendo 3DS Daily some love and follow their site then that would be fantastic! Be sure to click the link and check them out!
Here’s the first footage straight from the Japanese eShop showing a new addition to Nintendo’s 3D classics list. This time it’s the original Sega title, Sonic the Hedgehog, so feel free to share all that nostalgia!
YouTube users have been complaining that Nintendo has been cracking down on “Let’s Play” videos which showcase its games in action. Nintendo has since responded to those accusations by stating that some “Let’s Play” videos may now have advertisements before that particular video starts but all should be well with users and has assured YouTubers it has not had any part in blocking footage.
As part of our on-going push to ensure Nintendo content is shared across social media channels in an appropriate and safe way, we became a YouTube partner and as such in February 2013 we registered our copyright content in the YouTube database. For most fan videos this will not result in any changes, however, for those videos featuring Nintendo-owned content, such as images or audio of a certain length, adverts will now appear at the beginning, next to or at the end of the clips. We continually want our fans to enjoy sharing Nintendo content on YouTube, and that is why, unlike other entertainment companies, we have chosen not to block people using our intellectual property.
For more information please visit http://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/faq.html
Prima’s official guide for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D has officially revealed the names for World 9 of the game which happens to be a sample of exclusive content included in this 3DS edition. There are nine levels in this particular world; eight are mentioned below while the ninth is known to be the original ‘Golden Temple’ stage from the Wii version and does hold onto its identical design.
- 9-1 Crushin’ Columns
- 9-2 Gushin’ Geysers
- 9-3 Spiky Surprise
- 9-4 Mischievous Moles
- 9-5 Topsy Turvy
- 9-6 Tar Ball Fall
- 9-7 Robo Factory
- 9-8 Lavawheel Volcano
Pokemon X and Y will release globally for the first time in October and Nintendo of America has been so kind as to upload all-new footage from the hyped up 3DS titles. First glimpses of your trainer riding a Gogoat (the brand new Pokemon transportation) plus more graphically enhanced battle footage is showcased. Be sure to take a look at the game mechanic evolution of Pokemon!
Nintendo of America has revealed that Pokemon X and Y will feature in an all-new region outside of Japan called Kalos. Kalos resembles France,includes a central metropolitan area called Lumiose City, and allows for a new Pokemon transportation method. Unique to X and Y is the ability to ride a new Pokemon-Gogoat-who can make traveling around Lumiose City a breeze.You can read all the details below!
- The cowardly Pokémon Helioptile, a Normal- and Electric-type Pokémon, can generate enough electricity through sunbathing to power machinery. But wise Trainers won’t be deterred by Helioptile’s lack of bravery. It knows Parabolic Charge, a brand-new move where Helioptile attacks everything around it. Helioptile’s HP is restored by half the damage taken by those hit.
- Fletchling, a Normal- and Flying-type Pokémon, sings with a beautiful chirp that is sure to delight any Trainer. Although it is known to be very friendly, Fletchling will suddenly unleash relentless attacks once it’s in battle. For example, when it uses its Fire-type move Flame Charge in battle, in addition to doing damage, Fletchling’s Speed increases every time.
- With a leaf always in its mouth and an intimidating glare that is rarely effective, Fighting-type Pokémon Pancham shows its playful side when it lets out a little smile when its head is pat. Pancham can learn a brand-new move, Parting Shot, which not only lowers an opponent’s Attack and Special Attack, but also allows Pancham to switch out for another Pokémon in a Trainer’s party during battle.
- A new method of transportation—riding the brand-new Pokémon, Gogoat. This large Grass-type Pokémon is a reliable way to travel certain parts of Lumiose City. In battle, it can use Horn Leech to recover HP equal to half the damage dealt by this move.
The Pokemon community is crazily dreaming up ideas for the series’ upcoming 3DS titles, X and Y, yet a certain ‘genuine’ source believes he’s got the insight into what we can expect from the hyped up games. Apparently, the new Eevee evolution, Sylveon, will be classified as a new Fairy-type Pokemon and will be immune to Dragon-types but weak against Poison and Steel-types. You can read all the details below but take all this info as a grain of salt for now until official word is announced.
- Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
- Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
- Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
- The professor’s English name is Patrice.
- The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
- The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
- A few attacks will be dual-typed.
- There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
- You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
Nintendo has just released the much anticipated update for its newest home console Wii U which gives its operating system more speed, allows for background and system-off downloading and installing plus a primary launch straight to the Wii menu. Take a glance at all the new features below!
- Loading times will be improved when switching between software or when returning to the Wii U menu.
- The ability to copy and move data between USB drives will be added.
- The Wii U will automatically install new software that you have downloaded in the background while playing a game.
- Software updates will automatically be downloaded (even without starting the software).
- You can immediately access Wii Mode while the Wii U is starting up if you hold the B button.
- The Wii U will continue downloading and installing software even if the system is turned off.
- The Wii U Virtual Console will be added the day after the update.
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has announced that Wii U’s social media application, Miiverse, is now available to access from a web browser. As you can see above it looks quite neat and will be worthy of having its own app in the near future. You can view your activity feed, communities, press “yeah” for a favourite post, and check your notifications. The only downside to this web version of Miiverse is that you can’t write an organic post; only reply to another user. No ability to follow or add a friend is available either making Wii U host the definitive version at this time. Iwata also pointed out that Miiverse will head to 3DS by the end of 2013.